Upper West Side Location Now Open!
Manhattan Cardiology

Manhattan Cardiology believes in preventative heart screening as the core of our mission. National Nutrition Month reminds us how important healthy eating, regular exercise and regimented sleep habits are to keeping our hearts (and bodies!) at our best.

Check out some of the tips we have shared on social this month and help us continue the momentum!

1. At every meal, fill HALF of your plate up with colorful fruits and veggies!

Read more at EatRight.org >>

2. Learn to make heart healthy choices when grocery shopping and cooking.

Read more at Time >>

3. Sleep is the third major factor of our health, so make it a priority!

Read more at GetHealthyU.com >>

4. Stay healthy on vacation (like Spring Break). Make 20 percent of your daily calories the treat food of your choice, then try to stick to your healthy diet as best you can for the other 80 percent.

Read more at JillianMichaels.com >>

5. NO SMOKING! Smoking increases the amount of cholesterol and unhealthy fats circulating in the blood, leading to unhealthy fatty deposits. Over time, cholesterol, fats, and other debris build up on the walls of your arteries. This buildup narrows the arteries and blocks normal blood flow to the heart, brain, and legs. Blocked blood flow to the heart or brain can cause a heart attack or stroke.

Read more at SmokeFree.gov >>

To find out more about Manhattan Cardiology, housing some of the best cardiologists in NYC, please contact us.